If it’s your first time to visit the land down under, then you will find that there is a wide variety of sightseeing and tourist activities that you can explore and take part in. There are so many fun things to do in Australia all year long and below is just a short list of options for you. Here are the top ten things to do in Australia:
- Visit the oldest rainforest of the world, the Daintree. For the nature lovers, a visit to Daintree is certainly a must! You can choose to either enjoy a day’s visit to the rainforest or stay longer at the eco-lodge. There are many hiking trails and hotspots for those who wish to be closer to mother nature. The sights are exquisite and the beauty of the rainforest will surely renew your spirits if you have been immersed for too long in the hustle and bustle of a chaotic city life.
- Explore Kangaroo Island. One of the icons of the land down under is the Kangaroo. What’s a visit to Australia without an exploration of its world renowned Kangaroo Island? The place is filled with the most amazing wildlife: you can spot migratory birds, dolphins, penguins, and of course kangaroos. There is also a rich growth of wildflowers in the island. Surely, it is going to be one unforgettable wildlife experience if you visit Kangaroo Island.
- If you are into horse racing, take part in the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival. It is an event that fuses horse racing and fashion so make sure to be appropriately dressed for the event! The event is also well known for the carnival fun and excitement that it offers both locals and tourists.
- Snag a barramundi at the Northern Territory. If you are into fishing, then you will certainly enjoy a visit to the “build up” at the Northern Territory where you can catch a barramundi while enjoying your stay at a prime fishing lodge.
- Spend some holiday break at Margaret River. For the tourist who are into fine wine and dining amidst a backdrop of lovely wildflowers and picturesque nature, then a visit to the Margaret River would be the best option.
- Witness the tulips blooming in Tasmania. If you have a soft spot for tulips and if you’re ever in Australia, then make sure you visit Tasmania’s Blooming Gardens. You’re in for historic treats and beautiful scenery.
- Join the Floriade flower festival. In Canberra, you can join the famous Floriade flower festival. The Commonwealth Park plays host to gigantic photos of flowers all for the tourists to enjoy.
- Embrace the culture of Hunter Valley. If you are the type of tourist who enjoys some jazz, some opera, and some sculpture, then you must visit Hunter Valley.
- Ride the waves. Australia is also well known for its high quality surfing hotspots. So if you’re looking for the best waves to ride, then Australia will give you just what you are looking for.
- Play some pokies. Whether you are a casual gamer or an online pokies enthusiast, Australia’s finest casinos will surely keep you entertained.
There are so many things to be done in Australia. Its tourist attractions and activities are well-suited for different personalities. Whatever you want to do or explore, Australia surely has it in store.